He was found in his bedroom in the San Fernando Valley around 12 PM. The coroner listed his death as an accidental overdose.
Additional details have been published by TMZ this morning (November 5), including the fact that Miller's unresponsive body was found on his bed, in the praying position. Officials pronounced him dead at the scene. An empty bottle of alcohol was found on the nightstand, and a bottle of prescription pills was found in the bathroom.
Born Malcom McCormick in Pittsburgh, Mac Miller became a sensation in 2011 with his album "Blue Slide Park", which debuted at No. 1 debut on the Billboard 200 chart.More news: Leroy Sane responds to weird Man Utd transfer rumour
Cops found a rolled-up $20 bill with white powdery residue in Mac's right pocket. He had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, but his mother told investigators he had not overdosed in the past to her knowledge, or been hospitalized for any reason.
The singer Prince had taken fentanyl before his death in 2016. The star-studded event, benefitting The Mac Miller Circles Fund, featured performances from Anderson.Paak, Chance the Rapper, John Mayer, Miguel, ScHoolboy Q, SZA, Travis Scott, Ty Dolla $ign, and more.
Just before his death, Miller had announced a joint tour with Thundercat, to start in October.