Page organizer Stephanie Papastephanou wrote that while Stabile was mowing his lawn on the afternoon of Sunday September 16, he suddenly experienced a severe headache and went to lie down.
The Waco Tribune-Herald released a story about a case of brain-eating amoeba that claimed the life of someone after they have gone to the BSR Surf Resort.
Known as "Fab", Stabile was born in Bloomsberg, Pennsylvania, and loved spending time outdoors, according to his obituary in the Press of Atlantic City.
The CDC says Naegleria fowleri is commonly found in warm freshwater and soil. People can become infected if water contaminated with the amoeba goes up their nose. It takes an average of five days for symptoms to appear exposure, with headache, fever and nausea the main symptoms. "The worst-case scenario was unfolding in front of our eyes as we learned that this infection results in a 98% fatality rate", the page continued, sharing mortality figures listed by the CDC.More news: Seahawks lose Earl Thomas and Will Dissly for season with injuries
The water park's owner has said he will comply with further requests relating to the investigation.
The CDC, along with the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District, is now testing water samples from the surf resort for the presence of the amoeba, CDC spokesperson Candice Burns Hoffmann told the Waco Tribune-Herald. Once it reaches the brain it causes primary amebic meningoencephalitis (PAM), which is often fatal. Just four people infected in the last 55 years have survived.
The infection is extremely rare but very deadly. Swallowing water contaminated by the amoeba can not cause the infection. "We are in compliance with the CDC guidelines and recommendations concerning Naegleria fowleri".
The park remains closed pending the findings of the CDC.
His family is asking for donations to the Swim Above Amoeba Awareness Foundation in his memory.