Unnamed local officials told The New York Times that "a nearby hospital was preparing to receive at least two members of the trapped soccer team". However, there has been no official word on this so far.
Four of the 12 Thai schoolboys were rescued from a flooded cave on July 8 as divers launched a daring and risky mission to free the children and their soccer coach who have been trapped underground for more than two weeks, officials said.
Their plight transfixed Thailand and the rest of the world, as authorities struggled to devise a plan to get the boys - aged between 11 and 16 - and their 25-year-old coach out.
The first two schoolboys have emerged from a flooded Thai cave after divers launched a daring and risky mission to rescue the children and their soccer coach, who have been trapped underground for more than two weeks, a Thai official said.
However another operation commander said the operation would take two to three days to complete, with the boys and their coach being brought out one-by-one, and that the weather conditions would play a role in determining how long it would take. "If we wait and rain water comes in, our readiness will be lower than now", said Narongsak Osottanakorn, governor of Chiang Rai province.
Mongkhol Boonpiam, 14, has been named by some Thai media as one of the rescued boys.
Children look at pictures of students before relatives and friends pray for the 12 schoolboys and their soccer coach trapped inside a flooded cave, at Mesai Grace Church in the northern province of Chiang Rai, Thailand, July 8, 2018.
Two of them have been taken by ambulance to hospital while another two were airlifted, but none of them were stretchered out. Each of the boys will be accompanied by two divers.More news: USA wants to reduce Iran's oil revenue to zero
Mr Narongsak said that the rescue operation could take a number of days or be halted at any time.
The rescue operation is due to resume at 8am on Monday.
When the first two rescued boys made it out of the cave, they were placed into ambulances, taken to a helicopter and rushed to a hospital. Reuters news agency reported that six boys have been rescued, citing a senior member of the medical team involved in the rescue.
"And really when you look at the long-term forecast, it really extends the next 7 to 10 days", she said.
U.S. President Donald Trump said the United States was working "very closely" with the Thai government to free the boys."Very courageous and talented people!" he tweeted.
It is not yet known whether the boys swum out, or if they were sedated and delivered by the rescuers.
The hundreds of journalists that have been waiting outside the entrance to the cave were moved out and told to go to a different press center set up more than a mile and a half away as the rescue enters full swing.
The names of the four boys rescued from the caves last night have not been officially confirmed.