Taliban leader Shaheen abducted seven Indians and their Afghan driver on Sunday, said the Baghlan Police Spokesman Zabihullah Shuja to India Today.
Nemati was quoted as saying that Afghan authorities spoke with Taliban via local people and the terror group said it had mistakenly abducted the staff members believing that they were government employees.
In response to queries on the report of abduction of the Indian nationals in Afghanistan, external affairs ministry spokesperson in New Delhi said, "We are aware of the abduction of Indian nationals from Baghlan province in Afghanistan".
No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. The attack was claimed by the Taliban.
Kidnapping of locals for extortions are common in Afghanistan.More news: United Kingdom to continue probe despite Cambridge Analytica shutting shop
Baghlan provincial council have linked the incident to the Taliban, who have not yet commented, reported the Afghanistan based news channel.
Afghan policemen inspect a mosque following a blast in Khost province.
Habib Shah Ansari, the provincial head of public health, provided the first precise toll from the attack, which was earlier confirmed by other officials. IS is not proven to own an existence in Khost, but has enlarged its footprint into other places in recent decades. Neither had an exact figure for casualties.
Last week a Kabul capital double suicide bombing left at least 29 dead and 45 wounded, for which the Islamic State group took credit. "Now, the ISI-backed Taliban will find it hard to attack Indian interests in the country for fear of annoying Big Brother Beijing".