The alleged Canadian serial-killer accused of devoting his victims garden trinkets is now dealing with a seventh murder charge, prosecutors in Toronto declared Wednesday.
McArthur, wearing an orange prison jump suit, appeared by video in a Toronto courtroom Wednesday morning to be charged with first-degree murder in the case of Abdulbasir Faizi, an Afghan immigrant who went missing in 2010.
McArthur was already charged in Navaratnam and Kayhan's murders.
Police have since recovered the remains of seven people from planters found at a home in midtown Toronto where McArthur worked and stored equipment.
Speaking at a news conference to provide new information about the investigation, which has made worldwide headlines, lead investigator Det.
McArthur was charged with an additional three counts of first-degree murder on January 29 for the deaths of Majeed Kayhan, 58, Soroush Mahmudi, 50, and Dean Lisowick, believed to be 43 or 44.
Foremost is the newest murder charge against McArthur that has been made possible by the identification of another body.
Kayhan's remains have not been identified thus far, Idsinga said.
Earlier this year, investigators took the rare step of releasing a photo of a dead man they believe was murdered by McArthur in the hopes of identifying him.More news: Israeli Labor Party suspends ties with Corbyn, citing anti-Semitism
Police are also waiting for warmer weather to investigate other properties associated with McArthur, Idsinga said.
The 44-year-old Brampton man vanished in December 2010 and his auto was later found on Moore Ave - near Mount Pleasant Rd. and St. Clair Ave. E.
Bruce McArthur, directly, Is Currently facing a murder charge in relation to the departure of Abdulbasir Faizi, left.
The remains of six victims were found in planters at a Mallory Crescent home in Toronto.
Many of McArthur's alleged victims were the subject of two previous police probes into the disappearances of men from the city's gay village.
The remains of Andrew Kinsman, Soroush Mahmudi and Skandaraj Navaratnam had previously been identified, Idsinga said.
"We've quite frankly never seen anything like it", Idsinga said. Sgt. Hank Idsinga says releasing the image is a "last resort" to find the man's identity. McArthur was interviewed by police during that project but it was closed in 2014. He was reported missing to Peel Region police the next day.
In the three months since Bruce McArthur's arrest as a suspected serial killer, photos of the jovial-looking, husky landscaper have been splashed in the media.